A recording of an interview with our vice-Chair, David Jolley, on Radio Sheffield in preparation for the Conference.
Scroll down for a peep at the musical interlude
BEING OLD, BEING BOLD
Living by faith, seeking truth, and accepting challenge
Our conference took place on 25 September 2019 in Sheffield. A full report will be posted here soon.
The day included:
- David Jolley, Honorary Reader The University of Manchester; retired Consultant and Professor of Old Age Psychiatry, reflecting on Intergenerational Fairness & Provision
- Helen McCormack, currently Ministry with Older People Development Worker, Northallerton asking Special Need or Special Contribution?
- Rita and Paul Conley, The Salvation Army reporting on Older Prisoners, New Ways of Working
- Albert Jewell, former pastoral director and senior chaplain of Methodist Homes for the Aged (MHA) discussing People with dementia: a Christian response
- Contributions from participants on local Church activity
- Inter-active musical Interlude with a Sheffield U3A Ukulele Group
**** Here is a taster of the playing and singing of our talented visitors ***